Board Vacancies

City of Durand Boards Accepting Applicants

The City of Durand has a number of boards consisting of city residents and interested parties. Below you will find a list of boards that are currently seeking applicants and an online application form. Please use the application form to describe how your experience aligns with the needs or qualifications of the board for which you are applying.

The following boards are seeking new members to fill vacancies:
  • Board of Review: The Board of Review hears requests from property owners pertaining to their appraised and taxable values. Members must be residents of the city. An ideal candidate will have knowledge of real estate sales, pricing, and/or development in either residential or commercial sectors.
  • Zoning Board of Appeals: The ZBA hears and rules on requests for variances from the Zoning Ordinance. The board only meets as needed and members must be city residents. Desired qualifications include knowledge of architecture, building/construction, land use, planning, and/or real estate law.
The following boards do NOT currently have any vacancies:
  • Planning Commission: The PC is charged with reviewing site plans for compliance with the City's Master Plan and Zoning Ordinance. The PC also reviews and updates the Master Plan as needed. Members must be residents of the city. An ideal candidate will have experience in one or more area of architecture, building/construction, civil engineering, land use, planning, and/or real estate.
  • Parks and Recreation: The Parks and Rec committee plans activities and coordinates up-keep and improvements to area parks. There is no residency requirement for this board. Ideal candidates will have an interest in community planning, recreation, athletics, and/or beautification.
  • Downtown Development Authority: The DDA provides beautification and other support services to downtown businesses. Members must be property owners or business operators located within the DDA district. Knowledge of business services, marketing, or business development is helpful.
If you would like to serve on a city board, please click here to fill out an online form and we will be in touch with you.

If you have any questions, you can reach the city clerk at 
(989) 288-3113 or