Specific activities include:
- Encouraging all residents and business owners to conduct city business online or via phone including payment of bills (more information below).
- Suspending all non-essential public meetings and use of city facilities for both public and private events; including limiting in-person office hours for City Hall and encouraging services by appointment. Subject to safety protocols established by executive order such as the use of masks per order 2020-147.
- Limiting non-essential staff travel, meetings, and interactions; this includes suspending parks reservations for groups in excess of 100, non-essential in-person water appointments, and in-person code enforcement (communication of enforcement materials through US Mail will continue).
- Requiring enhanced cleaning protocols for all facilities as well as by our staff.
- Providing curbside services for pick up of essential documents such as building permits and absentee voter applications.
- Pay online: Users can enroll in online bill pay through BSA Online or Doxo.com*. Bill payers may need to search by address, name, or account number to select their bill. Online bill pay does include a small transaction fee which is set by the software provider.
- Pay via mobile: In addition to online payments local residents can pay their City of Durand utility bills through the Doxo mobile app*. Learn more about Doxo at https://www.doxo.com/mobile/.
- Pay via ACH: Users can also set up recurring ACH debit. Enrollment in ACH requires completion of a one-time enrollment form which can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax to (989) 288-7214, or by placing it in the dropbox near the front door of City Hall which is available all hours. There is no fee to enroll in ACH payment.
- Pay by dropbox: The City offers an all-hours dropbox available near the front doors of City Hall which is checked daily. In order for your payment to be processed correctly please make sure to include your name and address with your payment. This can also be accomplished by including the small perforated portion of your bill which includes the bar code.
- Pay by phone: Specific to these response efforts the City is temporarily allowing users to make one-time phone-based payments using credit or debit cards. A small transaction fee will apply.
*Please note Doxo is a third-party vendor and not specifically affiliated with or endorsed by the City of Durand. Other similar providers may exist and local residents are free to choose the payment option that best suits their needs.